Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Experimenting with photoshop colors for final piece

I have experimented on enhancing colors on a photograph that I have previously taken. I wanted to photoshop this photo because it had a lot of color in the photograph and it will help me on my final piece on enhancing the colors of my photographs that I will take.

IMG_0117 IMG_0117enhanced
This is my before and after photograph.
___________________________________________________

IMG_0117
This is the photograph before I edited it, in this photograph I used flash because the room was orange and if I wasn't to use flash the whole picture would look orange. I decided to take this photo because there is a lot different colors in the photograph.
Contrast and brighness
Firstly I was looking around at all the options of what I can do with the photo and I changed the Brightness and Contrast of the photo to make the photograph lighter and more bold.

Curves
Then i changed the curves to enhance the colors in the photograph.

Exposure
Then I changed the exposure of the photograph to sharpen the colors.

Vibrance
To finished the photograph I changed the vibrance of the photograph to make it bold.

This is the end piece o the photograph that I did.
IMG_0117enhanced

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this post. It shows how you have experimented with colour. Keep going with this. You should have at least 4 more blogs experimenting with colour and light.

Also, add a blog entry about composition and how you can crop the photos to affect meaning.

Lastly, blog some experimentation on how you may juxtapose the photos. Give 3 different options at least.

See me or email if you have any questions. ttaylor@dunraven.org.uk